Before downloading the smartphone application, follow these steps:
- Make sure the employee has been added to your uAttend account.
- Give the employee a username and password by clicking the Users tab, then selecting the user’s name from the list. Scroll down to the Username/Password section and click the Edit link. Enter a username and password, then click Save.
- Click the Clocking Management Subheader tab.
- Scroll to the Smartphone Clock section and click the Edit link.
- From the drop-down menu, select Yes to enable smartphone clocking.
- Select Global if the employee will be able to clock in from anywhere, or select from the list of user-defined Geo-Location(s) you have
set up. (See Below)
- Click Save.
Please Note: Your smartphone will require a Voice and Data SIM – Data Only SIMs will not work with the uAttend app
Installing the Smartphone App
To download the smartphone application, follow these steps:
- Download the application to your smartphone device from your phone’s marketplace. The app is not yet available for windows devices.
Android – please note that the Android app only works with Android OS version 4.4 and onwards: Download here
iPhone: Download here
- Once the application has downloaded, enter your Company ID number. You can find your company ID number at the top of any screen within your uAttend account.
In this example the Company ID is 27960
- You will then be prompted to enter the Username and Password, then press Sign In.
TIP! Tick the “Stay Signed In” option and the app will remember your username and password next time you log in!
- Once you sign in, you will be able to clock in and out using the application on your phone.
Your Employees may request information regarding the integrity and security of their personal details held within the Smartphone App.
We have created a Smartphone App Security Statement that you may download and distribute to your employees. Please click on the link to download: uAttend Smartphone App Security Statement
PLEASE NOTE: Geo-Location is only available in the United Kingdom
If your employees will clock in using the smartphone application, you can add a Geo Location to specify the location and a radius in which the employees can clock in. This is an optional feature.
To add a geo-location, follow these steps:
- Click the Settings tab from the main menu.
- Click the Clocking Management link.
- Scroll down to the Geo-Locations section and click Add Geo-Locations.
- Enter a nickname and the full address of the geo-location.
- From the Clocking Radius drop-down menu, select the distance from the address that employees will be allowed to clock in (e.g., Within 5 miles of this address).
- Click Add Locations.
Adding a Geo-Location to an Employee via Clocking Management
To add Employees to Geo Locations as you add them in, follow these steps:
- On the Geo-Locations Tab, Click the plus sign on the line you wish to edit
- Click on the Drop down menu to add further Employees or click a RED X to remove an Employee
- Click Add Employee
Smartphone Location Services Setup
To ensure your Employees are able to successfully record their Locations, please ensure Location Services are enabled in their Smartphones
Here are the instructions for turning on Location Services on your Smartphone devices:
How to turn on Location Services (iPhone/iPad)
Go to your iPhone’s Settings.
Tap Privacy > Location Services, turn it ON.
Scroll down and tap uAttend.
Allow location access While Using the App.
Or, Location (Android devices)
On your mobile device, tap Settings.
Depending on your device and version of the Android OS, make sure all options such as Location, Location services, and Location reporting are enabled.
Select Highest accuracy setting.