NOTE: The tips feature is only available for users in your account who use one of the Platinum Series C time clocks (BN6500, BN6000, CB6500, CB6000) and for users who clock in through the uAttend website.
Once your Employees have added Tips to your account, you can view and process them by running the Tips Report
Enabling Tips Feature
In uAttend, administrators can enable your employees to add tips.
To enable the tips feature, follow these steps:
- Click the Settings tab.
- Click the Employee Services link.
- Click Enable in the Tips section of the page, to enable the tips feature.
- Click the Edit Employees link in the upper-right corner of the Tips section on the Employee Services page.
The Enable Tipping dialogue box appears, allowing you to select all employees for whom you would like the tipping feature enabled.
- Select the department(s) for which you would like to enable tipping, or select All Departments. You can also expand a department name to select individual employees.
- Click Save And Close.
Once you have enabled Tips you can manually add a Tip onto a timecard by following these steps….
- Click the Timecards tab.
- Select the appropriate user.
- Click the Add Tip button as shown in the screen shot below.
- You will have to specify the Date, this is made easy by clicking the calendar icon and selecting the date from a drop down calender.
- Then fill in the Amount of the tip.
- You may wish to add a Note.
- Click save and close to finish adding tips, click save and next to add another tip.
- The tips will be viewable on the desired employees timecard as shown in the screen shot below.
Entering Tips via Time Clock
Employees can enter tips through a Platinum Series C time clock (BN6500, BN6000, CB6500, CB6000).
To enter a tip through a clock, employees will follow these steps:
- Press the TICK (uAttend menu) key, followed by the PIN code assigned to the user.
- Press OK.
- Select Time Card Options and press OK.
- Select Add Tip Total and press OK.
- Enter the tip total and press OK.
The message “Is This The Correct Amount?” will display.
- Press OK to accept the tip total or press the ESC key to back out.
- Using the down arrow key, scroll down to select the date to which you want the tip applied and press OK.
The message “Is This The Correct Date?” will display.
- Press OK to accept the date or press the ESC key to back out.
The time clock will display the message “Tip Added!”
Entering Tips via uAttend Website
Employees can enter tips through the uAttend website.
To enter a tip through the uAttend website, employees will follow these steps:
- Click the Employee Services tab.
- In the Tips section, click Add Tip.
- Select the date and enter the tip amount.
- Click Save and Close.