The IP addresses feature allows you to specify the location(s) from which your employees can clock in and out through an Internet browser. For example, if you enter your office IP address range, you are ensuring that your employees can only access uAttend Web Services from that location.
To add a new IP address, follow these steps:
- Click the Settings tab on the main menu.
- Click the Clock Management link.
- Scroll down to the IP Addresses section.
- Click Add IP Address.
- The system will automatically try to detect the first two sets of numbers based on your current location.
- Make any changes necessary, then name the IP address range (e.g., “Dallas Office”).
- Click Add.
NOTE: From time to time, service providers may change the external IP address used by the IP Address feature within uAttend. The new IP address will need to be added to the IP Address list to allow Employees to use the uAttend Web Services.
To complete the process, you will now need to set up the relevant Employees for Web Clocking, please see our guide “Setting Up Users For Web Clocking”, HERE